Friday, August 15, 2008

fuzzy balls and smooth fields


I am tired.

My night was full of fuzzy balls and smooth fields.

Dodging the impending rain, the Leeg and I had another great night of tennis in Bala Cynwyd. He kicked my ass in singles (nothing new there) and then we challenged 2 other local tennis blokes to a match. My serve was on point and the Leeg was playing the net better than he normally does (not saying he's usually bad up there). The new opponents were decent competitors and the one kid had a sick cross court return shot. He was messing our day up for a hot minute. Otter & Leeg dominate once again.

I was taught about the danger zone in tennis known as "No Man's Land." NML is the section in the middle of the court where you basically are out of position for the next ball. You should position yourself in the middle of the baseline or approach the net. Thanks Leeg for your expertise!

After about 1.5 hours of tennis it started raining so I had to head to the land of the smooth fields. I had to ask a Russian gypsy for directions but when I finally arrived I was very glad I made the trip.

No comments: